Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Van Wilder 2: The Rise of Taj

Just so we understand the state of things, let me start out by saying there is no Van Wilder in this movie. Frankly, I don't even know who Van Wilder is, but he must've been successful enough in his first movie for producers to want a second one. But the star of that movie (Ryan Reynolds) must've been priced too high to star in his own sequel. God, I'm confused already.

Taj Mahal Badalandabad comes to Camford University in England to continue graduate studies, and, rejected by the main frat house, the Fox and Hounds, founds his own house full of misfits called the Cock and Bulls. (No, I kid you not.) Does this plot line sound familiar? Does this even sound like a plot?

There are some funny name jokes, the least of which is the constant referral to Taj's last name. The Earl of Grey, for instance, pulled a reluctant chuckle from me every time I heard it. But that was it. Don't expect to chortle, guffaw or outright laugh at anything in this awkward excuse for a comedy.

Kal Penn can do better. He's charming, even in this rotter. Let's hope for something better in the future. I hope he got wads of money for this stinker.

I haven't liked anything National Lampoon has done since Animal House. I see the sucky trend continues with this abomination.

Thumb's down, wayyy down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home