Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Spider-Man 3

Sam Raimi, I trusted you.

I enjoyed Spider-Man 1. Enjoyed it a lot. So when Spider-Man 2 came out, I was cautious, but I went. Wow! Even better! I agreed with Roger Ebert, who said it was the best superhero movie ever.

I was delighted to hear that the series would continue, with Sam Raimi at the helm.
And now, having seen #3, all I can say is, Sam, how could you?

Spider-Man 3 is as bad as Spidey 2 was good. Half way through, I was so bored I considered walking out. There are great FX, of course: Sandman is spectacular. But the flying lacked joy, the fights lacked real passion, and the plot was tangled and mostly stupid. When a major factor driving the plot is childish behavior on the part of a major figure, all I want to do is slap everyone and go home. When the plot is resolved by a deus ex machina, then it is definitely time to go home.

All I can say is, Sam, don't play it again. Please.

Thumb's down for this stinker.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home