Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Ice Age: The Meltdown


I caught a little of this movie on HBO one night, and figured I had to see the whole thing.

First of all, let me say that Ice Age in blu-ray is stunning. You can see every strand of fur on the woolly mammoth.

The dialogue is very funny. There are very few wasted lines here. And one sequence doesn't have any dialogue at all -- pieces interwoven through the Ice Age: Meltdown story about a squirrel (I think) named Scrat and his constant battle for an acorn. Very, very funny. I laughed out loud through these segments, and hoped they'd come back soon.

The story itself is very good. I won't bore you with the details. I thought the voices were very effective, especially John Leguizamo as a sloth trying to gain respect. Ray Romano as the male woolly mammoth, however, is Ray Romano. You feel like you're watching an extension of Everybody Loves Raymond. It's very distracting, and very New York.

But that aside, this is a very entertaining movie for both adult and child.

Thumb's up.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home