Wednesday, May 04, 2011

The Tourist



I was all set to be disappointed in this film, but I found it most pleasantly a real romp. I smiled from beginning to end.

Frank (Johnny Depp), an American schoolteacher on vacation in Venice, happens to meet a beautiful woman (Angelina Jolie) on a train. For some reason, she takes a shine to him, and invites him up to her lavish hotel room. You learn from the beginning that Elise is being followed for some reason. The mystery that we uncover bit by bit is why, or rather, for whom.

Too much more would spoil the fun, but I should add that the background is fabulous Venice, filmed beautifully. The most beautiful city in the world, with the most beautiful woman in the world within. And Depp isn't bad to look at, either.
While that's certainly enough eye-candy visuals to keep you happy for 10 minutes, the story and the actors keep it all interesting and intriguing from beginning to end.

Thumb's up.

1 Comments:

At 3:17 PM, Blogger Sheryl said...

I agree about the beautiful actors and scenery but I thought Depp was way too low key. Math teachers are allowed to have a hint or two of charisma

 

Post a Comment

<< Home