Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows


The first Sherlock Holmes movie, the first featuring Robert Downey Jr., was dreadful. I really didn't think I'd see Number 2. However, forced to go into the theatre and see the sequel, I am glad I did. It was much better than the first.

What's different, you may ask? For one thing, Downey and Jude Law's Watson have their timing down. They know what they're doing now, dramatic and then suddenly comedic, and they're good at it. While this may not be your Sherlock cup of tea, the movie is good, both thematically and acting-wise. There's a plot, and it winds throughout the movie as you thoroughly have a good time.

I must admit I was slow on the uptake each time there was a bit that would come around again. I would wonder what was happening, why are they doing that, when suddenly I would remember the first time the actors and director introduced the theme and think, oh! I know what's going on now! I was just always a few minutes late.

So the nice thing is that it's all tied together, the actors are in sync in this buddy bromance flick, and, in general, it's just a lot of fun. I heartily recommend the second Sherlock Holmes.

Thumb's up.

1 Comments:

At 9:59 AM, Blogger Sheryl said...

Have you been watching the new Sherlock Holmes of Masterpiece Mystery? They're set in contemporary times and are a lot of fun

 

Post a Comment

<< Home