Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Movie Magic

"First star on the right, and straight on till morning!"

Oh, I loved the Mary Martin version of that story! In case there is a reader young enough that this "Mary Martin" stuff is a mystery, take a look at this link .

Via a particularly twisted bit of logic, my siblings and I decided that since it was Mary Martin playing Peter Pan, and she could fly like Pan, we must be able to fly if we just believed hard enough. I remember spending several days climbing up on furniture, trying to generate enough faith, and then leaping, only to thud on the ground each time. I think -- er, hope -- it was a long while before we found out about wires and harnesses and stage "magic."

I still love the magic of the movies so much that I get really annoyed and cranky if someone "explains" the special effects to me.

You made that one sound like so much fun, Linda, I think I'm going to have to find a theater and go see it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home