Saturday, March 20, 2010

The Time Traveler's Wife


The Time Traveler's Wife is actually the story of a time-traveler, Henry (played by Eric Bana), who discovers this talent and curse at the age of 7, right before the car in which he's riding is smashed.

But the story, although obviously about Henry's struggles, is not about Henry's travels. I was curious as to where he ends up each time, naked and exposed to the world, but this movie did not feed that wish. Instead, the title, as well as the story, is about the time traveler's wife, Clare (played by Rachel McAdams), and the story of her struggle to be in love with and eventually married to a time traveler.

The film is a bit slow, as many love stories are, but if you have the patience, you'll find a poignant, lyrical film about a man who would rather be with his wife but cannot control what happens to him, and the woman who loves him. This movie has a real epic feel to it, and quite a few surprises. I found it magical.

Thumb's up.

1 Comments:

At 12:53 PM, Blogger Sheryl said...

I loved this movie - it's one of the few that I liked better than the book it was based on.
After being married for 26 years - it's got me thinking. As a 20something, would I fall in love with with my 40something sweety? would my 40something self still fall in love with her as a 20 year old. How odd to know someone at so many stages of their life at the same time

 

Post a Comment

<< Home